Friday, July 17, 2020

43. Let's Talk About FRIDAYS


I'm reading through the comments on my last Facebook post - and I don't really recognize the person that everyone keeps telling me I am.  I don't feel brave.  I don't feel inspiring.  I just feel like a regular gal who's doing what she needs to be doing to get home to hugs, but who happened to get caught in a rather exciting series of events.

Except on Fridays.  Fridays I feel like the walking dead. Fridays is the day that chemo really affects my body the most - everything hurts.  EVERYTHING hurts.  Every muscle in my body feels like it's been pummeled by an angry mob then doused with acid and lemon juice.

I'm not going to lie to you.  I get cranky.  Really cranky.  Downright bitchy.  

So SHOUT OUT to my coworkers - who tolerate me on Friday (because they know tomorrow is a new day and I'll be behaving normally again) AND still manage to encourage me on this journey.

Sorry about Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment